The aim of this course is to provide you with a thorough understanding of the relevant operational and safety requirements applicable to slinging and signalling as a banksman, working in the construction industry and allied environments.
- Gaining a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller
- Being able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Being able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explaining their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions
- Being able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
- Undertaking all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identifying non-serviceable items
- Explaining procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
- Identifying and explaining centres of gravity and calculating estimated weights of loads
- Setting up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
- Identifying and maintaining PPE appropriate for Slinger / Signaller use
- Securing various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity
- Directing and guiding the movement of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication
- Environmental considerations
- Carrying out all out-of service and securing procedures
On successful completion of the NPORS assessment candidates will be issued with an NPORS Operators card.