The Objectives of the Course are to enable delegates to:
- Carry out pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
The course will include:
- Introduction to machine
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- General driving (including inclines)
- Vehicle loading
- Use of 4 in 1 bucket (if applicable) Controls and instruments
- Excavating from bank/stockpile
- Daily and routine maintenance
- Cleaning of working area
- Levelling and reinstatement
- Stockpiling and forming
- Theory and Practical Tests
All candidates will complete the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with an NPORS Operators Card.