To achieve the qualification candidates must gather naturally occurring work based evidence which would include some or all of the following:
- Daily/weekly plant checks signed by the operator and manager or fitter
- Method Statements/Risk Assessments specific to the operator
- Copies of CPCS card and any relevant training certificates
Any other documentation which is agreed as being valid by the assessor and candidate
Once the candidate has gathered the above evidence and when they feel ready to be assessed, one of our assessors will visit them at work on-site and observe them carrying out their normal work activities.
As part of the assessment process you will be required to take part in a Q&A session with your assessor.
Once our assessor is satisfied that the candidate has provided sufficient evidence they will be passed for verification and certification.
The Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Plant Operations – Fork-lift Trucks qualification has been developed for delivery in a working environment; this means you need to be employed to study this qualification. It has been designed to develop and recognise your skills, knowledge and competence so that you can work in Fork-lift Trucks within the construction industry or progress onto further learning.
The learner will learn key practical skills and knowledge in these mandatory units
– Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
– Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
The learner will also learn key practical skills and knowledge in one of the following optional units:
– Preparing and operating rough terrain masted forklifts to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
– Preparing and operating industrial forklift trucks to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
– Preparing and operating sideloader forklifts to lift and transfer loads in the workplace
– Preparing and operating telescopic handlers to lift and transfer in the workplace
– Preparing and operating reach trucks to lift and transfer loads in the workplace