The Objectives of the Course and by the end of the course the operator should be able to:
- Fit PTO shaft and secure shaft guards.
- Perform daily checks.
- Safely enter and leave cab.
- Understand instruments and controls.
- Control tractor in forward and reverse directions.
- Control tractor in forward and reverse directions, with trailer or implements.
- Attach and detach implements and PTO shafts between implement and tractor.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Undulating ground
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- Accident prevention
- Operating/turning on inclines
- Driving the tractor
- Use of PTO shafts
- Learning controls
- Mounted implements
- Use of hitching systems
- Reversing the tractor with trailer
- Theory and Practical Tests
All candidates will complete the NPORS assessment and on successful completion will be issued with an NPORS Operators Card.